[pianotech] (no subject)

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Jul 21 11:41:07 MDT 2010

I started with RCT and moved to Tunelab. RCT is a great program, but it is
twice the price and the software key drove me nuts. More than once my pocket
pc got damaged. It took 2-3 days to get a new pocket pc and replacement
software key.

With TuneLab he lets you install it on any pocket pc with your name as the
owner. So you can buy an inexpensive unit off ebay and always have a backup.
Very nice.

I also like TuneLab's graphical interface better. Seeing the real time graph
at the bottom makes treble tuning a breeze. It also is a huge plus for pitch
raises without mutes.

RCT is a little more idiot proof and easier to learn how to use. But after
using TuneLab for awhile I would not go back.

I have an unused RCT key that has not been installed. Last time my Ipaq was
destroyed with RCT on it, I switched to TuneLab. I got the new RCT software
key but have never installed.

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802