[pianotech] Abel naturals - O.T.humor

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Fri Jul 23 09:49:56 MDT 2010

Greetings,

In a message dated 7/19/2010 10:46:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
erwinspiano at aol.com writes:

Getting consistency in wool felt hammer sheets varies a little bit even
under the most stringent and watchful eye of the felt maker. Each batch of wool
is going to be slightly different.... and then the difference  becomes a
variable to the hammer maker.

     Sounds right, makes sense, Sheep are living beings, different winters
resultant wool density, possibly different grass quality due to weather,
grass fertlizer, minerals from metior showers,  result in varied grass>grazing
conditions.

Yet, on a comical note, I can just hear it now :

    "Well my twin sister has the same model/age piano, and got the same
model hammers replaced. Why does my piano sound so different?

      The technician answers; "Well, the sheep went through a colder winter
this year" or "Thnner wool: the sheep farmer's father was ill, and couldn't
get the sheep out to graze as much."

Julia
PA