[pianotech] Abel naturals - O.T.humor

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Jul 23 10:08:29 MDT 2010

Greetings,

In a message dated 7/19/2010 10:46:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, erwinspiano at aol.com writes:
Getting consistency in wool felt hammer sheets varies a little bit even under the most stringent and watchful eye of the felt maker. Each batch of wool is going to be slightly different.... and then the difference  becomes a variable to the hammer maker.

     Sounds right, makes sense, Sheep are living beings, different winters resultant wool density, possibly different grass quality due to weather, grass fertlizer, minerals from metior showers,  result in varied grass>grazing conditions.
  Bulls eye

Yet, on a comical note, I can just hear it now :

    "Well my twin sister has the same model/age piano, and got the same model hammers replaced. Why does my piano sound so different?

      The technician answers; "Well, the sheep went through a colder winter this year" or "Thnner wool: the sheep farmer's father was ill, and couldn't get the sheep out to graze as much."
   Julia
  Can you say Buuuulllsheeep ......... baaaaaaa

 Dale