[pianotech] "Gray Market" Kawai??

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Sun Jul 25 19:23:38 MDT 2010

Thanks Tom and Wim,

I did mention a Gray Market Yamaha I saw offered for deeeeeep discount (in a
store). It had multiple 1/4-inch crevasses in the SB and sounded absolutely
horrid.

I also gave him heads-up about the DC and the wet humidistat option, so I
think we might have a done-deal there already!  But I'm a little curious...
the installation instructions (and Certified Installer training) suggest
moving the humidistat farther from the humidifier tank to somewhat increase
humidity in the piano. Is that a reasonable compromise, or is the wet
humidistat really the ideal option for this circumstance?

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN