[pianotech] Historic temperaments and modern scaling

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 08:30:57 MDT 2010

> It is my belief, and the vast majority of my customers, and a
> continually growing number of techs, that the non-equal temperaments
> sound better than ET on any piano. The scaling differences are
> insignificant compared with the temperament differences.
> Ed Foote RPT

Uh-oh... now you did it...I'm going to have to start playing around with
this...

Can you suggest some articles/resources on how to start playing with
this aurally, or maybe just using an ETD to set the tempered octave ?
How do you stretch outside the temperament octave in unequal tempered
scales?

Jim I

--
Jim Ialeggio