[pianotech] hammer heads unglued

Tony Caught acaught at internode.on.net
Tue Jul 27 04:45:04 MDT 2010

Hi Les

Below is the catalogue page  for hammer rivets.

I have used these quite successfully in Darwin Australia where the humidity
can be very high (80 to90% RH in the wet is normal).

Drill a hole through the hammer head in the same position as you see most
hammers stapled. Insert rivet, pull through tight then bend the two prongs
to either side and cut off.  Many of the Yamahas made in Taiwan had hammers
without staples and the felt lifted of those hammers too.

http://www.fletcher-newman.co.uk/catalogue/hammers/index.html

Tony Caught

acaught at internode.on.net