[pianotech] Delete key stopped working in Thunderbird (OT)

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 27 09:29:08 MDT 2010

David,

Don't panic and migrate to Outlook just yet.

With programs like Thunderbird, or ZoneAlarm, which seem to be
constantly downloading new automatic updates, I see features and bugs
come and go as each provider deals with unintended consequences of their
updates, and unanticipated interactions with other programs.  As long as
it's not preventing you from using Thunderbird (you can still delete a
message by clicking on the big red X in the toolbar?) I would wait for
the next round of updates and see if the delete function comes back.
FWIW, my delete key works to delete messages, today anyway.  6-year-old
Dell desktop, Windows XP Home.

Mike