[pianotech] rep spring lubricant....

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 31 00:06:32 MDT 2010

Allen,
First of all, I didn't say anything about Emralon,...nor did anyone else, that I recall. However, to answer your question, in a round about way.....I use emralon, (the real stuff,not the 'knock off stuff'), it has it's place, but balanciers are not that "place" in my opinion. Everyone seems to think that LACK of friction is the way to go. IT AIN'T! Friction, in control, is needed, IMHO. There needs to be resistance..aka friction, in the wippen/balancier, in order to have control. That's the way I see it. Of course, as many will say: YMMV
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police