[pianotech] Tuning for violin teacher

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 10:56:19 MDT 2010

Are they really complaining about the 4ths? If you're an ETD user, you might
try dialing up the stretch. Kent Swafford noted that using stretch mode #7
in CyberTuner closely mimics the amount of stretch one can attain with
Benrhard Stopper's OnlyPure program. Have you attended any of the
localpresentations by David Anderson on his aural tuning approach (NEECSO in
Nashua 2008, Boston Chapter @ NBSS May 2009)?
Several of the ETDs also offer a variety of non-ET temperaments you can
experiment with. The manual for the Verituner has a great chapter by Ed
Foote which matches temperaments with repertoire.
Try Bill Bremmer's non-ET termperaments, and take a look at the bouncingball
website. Borrow a copy of Jorgenson's book(s) and experiment all summer! The
rest of this stuff you can find with a bit of Googling.
Have fun,
Patrick Draine