[pianotech] Fw: Steinway duplex scale

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Jul 31 14:42:11 MDT 2010

They probably tried this until they came up with the tuned duplex and
movable aliquots for that model.  The later Model O has the regular aliquots
but I don't recall the transition ear.  I usually grind them off and either
install vertical hitches or a small diameter brass half round pushed back
against the hitch pins to lengthen the backscale segment as much as
possible.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com