[pianotech] tightening balance hole was Bouncing Bostons

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 31 20:55:06 MDT 2010

I can't help myself, here is the picture again. Yes, I'm still using my Ralph Stilwell (fondly remembered member of my chapter) method of steaming out bushings--the steam shoots out of the hole in the coffee can up through the key button and out through the balance hole. It had been suggested to me that I donate my set-up to the PTG museum, but sorry, I'm not ready to give it up since it's still my favorite way to remove bushings--and swell up balance holes all at once.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois