[pianotech] Lever position for hand/Fujan

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Wed Jun 9 14:19:37 MDT 2010

Hi Paul,

I realize that I have posted about this before, so those of you who think I am repeating myself... you're right!

For me, the Fujan lever represents a quantum leap forward in piano tuning technology, approaching the ETD in this regard.  The lightness is great, but the stiffness has been the real revelation in my experience.  I had no idea how springy my formers levers were, effectively storing up tension until the pin moved, at which point the stored tension is released.  With the Fujan, there seems to be something approaching a 1:1 ratio between movement of the lever at your hand and what happens at the tuning pin end.  I feel that I have much more exacting control of what is going on at the pin.  AND, because of the substantially better stiffness, it takes less energy to do the job.  Now, I am middle aged and have back issues.  If I had a Fujan when I first got into this business over thirty years ago,  I am fairly certain that my back would be in better condition now.

'Nuff said,

Alan Eder