[pianotech] Lever position for hand

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sat Jun 12 14:20:54 MDT 2010

Well I dunno folks!

I can understand tuning an upright piano standing up, which this girl
did. If you and the piano are the right height together, it could work
well.   But tuning the piano standing up,  with the hand "upside-down",
palm towards the wall behind the piano, thumb pointing down?

Lar, you really tune uprights that way every day?   Thumb downward, palm
facing the back?

It just seems to me that the leverage from shoulder thru arm and hand to
lever, would somehoe be "all wrong".  How do you contol it Lar?

David Boyce