[pianotech] Pianodisc Minimum Velocities

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sun Jun 13 11:09:54 MDT 2010

It's best to get your hands on a manual and follow the instructions for
Learn mode. You have to put a floppy disk in, then simultaneously depress
the buttons 1 and 4 to enter the programming menus. I think it is on the
second page on button 4.  After choosing Start it will start playing C8. You
adjust the volume using the volume buttons. I think it is the Next/Previous
song buttons that advance the note being played. You want to set it at the
lowest level that still allows the key to function. But you also want
uniformity from one key to another and many notes will not adjust as soft as
others. You have to determine the minimum volume for a section at a time and
try to set all other notes in that area to that volume. When done setting
volumes press the Play button to store the settings.

Before doing all this it is pretty critical that the action be in good
regulation and uniformly voiced before you can get good uniformity from the
mechanical system.

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802

  _____