[pianotech] Low humidity ok ?

allan at sutton.net allan at sutton.net
Sun Jun 20 09:55:15 MDT 2010

Thank you Terry,

That precision : "different pianos, different solutions" seems very
appropriate to me.

Another question : Do many agree that a small external humidifier near the
piano will help significantly in adding some humidity to every part of the
piano when needed (soundboard and pinblock and action, in a grand piano),
albeit as a second choice to whole room conditioning ?

Allan Sutton, m.mus. RPT
www.pianotechniquemontreal.com