[pianotech] re.:Bladeless fan

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Jun 20 17:27:14 MDT 2010

Don Mannino wrote:
> Well, I'll take "Doppler shift of echoes" but not "from echoes."  But you're
> right, it's nit-picking.

You're right, "of" echoes. Hearing the source against the
shifted echo makes beats. Way back when, I noticed the same
thing using a wedged down organ key as a pitch source to tune
the piano in a church. Walking back to the piano, the organ
tone beat at varying rates depending on how fast I moved. I
found that walking around outside with an Accu-Fork, I could
hear beats as I approached solid objects. Echolocation! I
thought it was pretty cool.
Ron N