[pianotech] Removal

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Jun 28 14:11:13 MDT 2010

Rick,
 What is  "The bars with the hooks" ?

 Looks like a Baldwin. Disconnect the stickers from the keys by popping the
grommets off the forks. Remove the keys as the wires can hang up in the
forks as you lift out the action. Then remove the screws that are threaded
into the plate at the top of the action bracket. Some of these have screws
under the keybed into a rail and some mount on a stud. . Either way lift the
sucker out.
After you replace the grommets that crumble on step one you may have to
lower the action supports to line the top of the brackets with the threaded
holes in the plate in order to get the thing back in.
Have fun and check for the Corfam problem whilst you're at it.
 Tom Driscoll