[pianotech] billing dilemma with pitch raises/schedule

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 1 06:02:43 MDT 2010

Hi Susan,

I just looked at my schedule.  For the next 2 weeks, I have only 3 a day but
for 1 day which I have 4 tunings.  Yes!  I love those days!  Last week I
tuned 5-7 pianos a day at my collelge winding up the week with the 3 that
were left on Friday.  I did a lot of extra repairs as well last week such as
stripped screws in a damper stop rail on a Baldwin L.  Glad that week is
completed.

Yes, the older we get, I am 54 now, the harder it is to accomplish things we
could do when we were 24, on top of also having to do a lot other things
like repairs as well.  The less tunings I do, the easier it is over all on
my back, arms and neck.  Not sure how you feel about it but, I still enjoy
tuning a great deal yet and so cannot foresee just quitting completely.
It's to much fun, most of the time.

Terry, I forgot.  Yes, I had a friend who actually insured his ears and
hands.  Ears for obvious reasons, without them, we are screwed but, also his
hands in case he developed carpel tunnel or something else and could not
work.  I thought it was a bit over kill too.  Must have been terribly
expensive.

Jer