[pianotech] bleaching ivory

John Ross jrpiano at eastlink.ca
Mon Nov 1 09:00:51 MDT 2010

It will be very hard to match it exactly.
You also have to think of grain, and thickness.
The bleaching process will require 30% peroxide, not the normal 3% that is in the drugstore. (not exact numbers)
I believe that hairdressers have a bleach that will do the job.
Sunlight with the peroxide are used.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia