[pianotech] Brumbach Rebuild

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Nov 1 20:37:26 MDT 2010

Paul, you said the capstans were moved. Why? Were they moved to
accommodate the available wippens perhaps? I wouldn't doubt it. Sounds
to me like this action needs a complete geometry analysis and
balancing. If you haven't done it before and are well versed on the
subject, then I strongly suggest that you study up on the subject
before trying to "fix" someone's action. This is kinda like doing your
first rebuild on a client's piano - bad choice. Do your first rebuild
on your own piano. Along the same vein, do your first action geometry/
balancing on your piano.

Terry Farrell