[pianotech] OT Yer Wheels

John Ross jrpiano at eastlink.ca
Tue Nov 2 11:53:08 MDT 2010

All true. We definitely, should not support shoddy workmanship. I have been lucky with my vans.
I hate to stir things, but the unions are responsible for a lot of it, working to the lowest common denominator, and demanding high wages and benefits.
Come to think about it, I suppose that is why Yamaha is so strong, and the American piano industry is almost non existent. Canada has none.
I always liked my  minivans, and really like my Journey, and have been very lucky, as I have had no quality problems.
Unfortunately for us all, the jobs are not going to come back, enough to get the unemployed back to work.
It has an effect on us as piano tuners, as piano tuning is dependant on disposable income. No job, or minimum wage, equals no disposable income.
John Ross,
Windsor, Nova Scotia