[pianotech] Ahhh, Piano talk at last! :>)

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Nov 3 06:53:32 MDT 2010

Wapin.  I wapinized a Baldwin R last year with nice results and thinking
of doing another one, although it's quite a bit of work, but it saved the
one I did from getting a new bridge cap, so the cost savings was huge.
Working on an R now in the shop, but leaving standard, and the board is
still crowned and good down-bearing.  The pins are actually only about 2mm
up...just barely above the strings!  Not sure why Baldwins from the 60's
had such short pins.  Anyone know?

Thanks for the tips all.  I like the MBP on a pair of ViseGrips.

Best,
Paul