[pianotech] Setting Temperaments with ETD's - was shorter......forearm smash thingee<G>

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 4 08:02:30 MDT 2010

David said:
Alan,
Yes, I'm aware of the 'automatic note down' or 'note up'
function. I should've said I was thinking more about
temperament and different sequences of tuning. With the SAT,
you pretty much have to proceed by half-steps, whether it's up
or down, whereas when you set a temperament aurally, you're
playing intervals. To check those on the SAT, you have to enter
each note by pressing buttons -- it won't automatically jump up
or down a 4th, 5th, or other interval.

--David,
That is not necessarily so. It is IF you are following the ETD's manual. However, there is another way. See my PTJ article January 2000.  It mahy involve more button pushing, but it gets far better results than the "canned"/"programmed" stuff.<G>(IMHO) It also promotes your refinement of Aural Skills.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I