[pianotech] Customer complaints.

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 4 18:28:51 MDT 2010

Of course, this is also true.  I am of the opinion that it is always our
duty to kindly correct them, if and when, they are wrong, explaining just
exactly what the problem really is or was.  Otherwise, they may think
everything is our fault.

If for example, I have a complaint about "the piano is out of tune and you
just tuned it," or "a note sticking and you just tuned it," after arriving I
having them describe to a T what they are hearing, or, what they think they
are hearing.  I find it, solve it and then explain just exactly what they
were really hearing which has never been an out of tune piano yet.  It is
usually a damper zing or, a buzz, lamp filament buzzing, voicing or
something else.

As for sticking notes, I explain that mechanical break downs occur and have
nothing whatsoever to do with tuning but, I will be most happy to fix it for
you and I do.  After all, we do want happy campers for customers.

Jer