[pianotech] Promo research project - free PDF's available

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 09:59:05 MDT 2010

Good morning, all.

I am looking for 6 piano technicians who would enjoy taking part in a trial
run to develop a series of promotional materials for the types of jobs that
the ordinary technician runs into on a day-to-day basis.

If this trial balloon is successful and participating technicians seem to
like this product, I will be advertising in the near future on Piano World,
in the Journal and also through Schaff. (If there is no interest or
response, I'll rethink the whole thing, and put my creative efforts
elsewhere.)

Participants in this research phase will receive the first six promos at no
charge in return for simply critiquing each one as it is sent out.

The promos will come to you in PDF format, and will be personalized with
your name, business address, phone number, etc.

The idea is that this will make your job in selling your services faster and
easier. You may print as many copies of each promo as you wish, to give to
customers when a particular job is needed, or you may simply offer to send
the customer an email with the PDF as an attachment for each job
recommended.

Not only would this save time on the job (you can be tuning the piano while
the customer is looking over the material and making up his or her mind) but
also it will allow for the secondary sales pitch (the wife explaining the
procedure and the cost to the husband [or vice versa]) to be more
successful.

These promos will be written on a much simpler level than either my articles
("Small Shop, Big Results" series) in the Piano Technician Journal, or the
detailed technical articles that I am writing for the Schaff webstore.
Instead, they will present the reason for the repair and the techniques
involved with rather broad brush strokes - enough to interest and inform
without actually telling the customer how to do the repair himself. High
quality photographs used along with the simplified text will make each promo
an easy read for the customer.

If you are interested, simply email me privately at behmpiano at gmail.com and
I will send more information. The first promo (bridle strap installation) is
complete and ready to personalize for you. Everyone who responds will
receive that promo at no charge. In addition, the first 6 to respond will
receive 5 more promos (as soon as I have them completed) free of charge.

If you would rather take a "wait and see" approach, watch for ads on Piano
World, plus an ad near my article in the Journal (tentatively set to start
in January - if the interest is there) and also from Schaff. These promos, I
promise, will be priced at a very reasonable rate. (This would be something
I that even I could have afforded when I was just starting out my business
back in the 1970's.) Of course free is even better!

For anyone who would like to bring more variety to their work day, or who
would just like to drum up more work period, I think these promos will
really do the trick.

So, if you would like to receive a free-of-charge promo about installing
bridle straps (and potentially 5 more free promos), please e-mail me the
following information: (I'm included my own for clarity sake.)

1. Name (Chuck Behm)
2. Business name (Chuck's Piano Service)
3. Business (or home) street address (410 Monona Street)
4. City, State, zip (Boone, IA 50036)
5. Phone number/numbers (515-432-1190 [business] (515-212-9220 [cell])
6. email address (behmpiano at gmail.com)
7. website address (www.IwishIhadone.com <http://www.iwishihadone.com/> <
http://www.iwishihadone.com/>
)
6. Shop located at (410 Monona Street)
7. Optional - Price you charge for installing a set of bridle straps (If you
have differing pricing depending on if the straps are cork, spring clip, or
original braid, please specify) If you don't wish to specify price, just
omit and I'll leave it blank on the promo.

If interested at all, consider taking a look at this. If the interest is
there, I intend to spend a great deal of my time putting together a truly
comprehensive set of promotional material. Enough so that whatever the job
at hand, you would have a promo to let the customer look over.

Have a really great day, all. I'm off with my wife to watch some college
football (Ia. State vs. Nebraska). I hope it's not a one-sided shellacking!
Chuck Behm