[pianotech] Key easing question

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sat Nov 6 12:14:04 MDT 2010

In a message dated 11/6/2010 12:01:51 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
davidskolnik at optonline.net writes:

We're  talking generalities and quick fixes here.
We are? The original question was how to ease the keys without  taking the
stack off. There are two ways to do that: "quick fixes" which may  damage
the bushing and/or mortise, and equally quick repairs and  regulations using a
proper and really nicely designed tool. The off-set  easing pliers,
wherever you get them (I've been using the Renner pliers for  years) will work on
both the front and balance rail mortises without taking off  the stack.

Paul