[pianotech] vacuum press pinblock

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 6 13:17:53 MDT 2010

From: Dale Erwin <erwinspiano at aol.com>
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: [pianotech] Vacumm bag pinblock

After I got done looking at the tank the other day I went across the street to the hardwood store. How convenient aye? Only in Camelot...I mean Modesto.
They had a couple nice units of 10 ft 8 quarter planks with much nicer than usual grain. 14 to 22 grains per inch. Since we needed a pin block any way...and an excuse to use the new fangled cutter heads, Dennis and I prepped up the maple vacu-pressed a double panel of pinblock and have come out with picture perfect joints and flat as the earth...used to be. The glue joint are invisible. Thanks to Terry F. for the vacu-press info and tech support. Probably sorry he did. Lots a fun Terry

Dale,
All of the substrates look really good. However, what's with the inconsistant top multi-lam? That would be were one would want the best consistency, I should think.???
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I