[pianotech] tuning

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sat Nov 6 12:16:42 MDT 2010

Re-groan.

In a message dated 11/6/2010 12:11:31 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
formsma at gmail.com writes:

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Ron Nossaman <_rnossaman at cox.net_
(mailto:rnossaman at cox.net) > wrote:

On 11/6/2010 11:25 AM, John Formsma wrote:

Groan...

On Saturday, November 6, 2010, David  Love<_davidlovepianos at comcast.net_
(mailto:davidlovepianos at comcast.net) >  wrote:

You mean anything you spray can and will be used  against you.

Hey, I liked it!

I  must say though, that I never cared for the general impression that a
tuner  must, should, or even can (spray or otherwise), lubricate V bars before
 tuning. If the piano is serviceable, it's not necessary, and I've tuned
some  pretty woolly-stringed PSOs without it. What should be a very last
resort,  if it's considered at all, has no business being on the short list of
things  reached for first.

Ron N

Yeah, I liked it too. I was groaning only because I  wasn't clever enough
to think of it first. David should be acknowledged for  the fastest pun in
the West.  <G>

--
JF