[pianotech] metro vac n blo

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 09:39:13 MST 2010

My favorite is the Fast Vac 500. It sells online for around $100. I payed a
bit more and bought it locally from an older gentleman who has run a vacuum
store for many years in my town. He turned me onto this. He sells Orecks
too, but even though this one was less expensive, he said he liked it
better! (this is probably why this guy has never gotten rich!).  When I told
him I was a piano technician he also sold me a case of 100 micro-filtration
bags at 10 percent over wholesale.

Since the bags are small its best to change them often, especially because
piano particulate is so fine.

The blower definitely works best with the bag out, but it only takes 10
seconds to remove the bag for blowing.

I can't believe people use cloth bags on pianos! yeeeEEEUCk!!! Think of all
the gunk that is in pianos: Dust mites, mouse excrement, dandruff, all sorts
of bugs, and who knows what else! Some of that gunk has been accumulating
for decades!
--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter