[pianotech] internet advertising

Wally Scherer afinetune at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 04:28:32 MST 2010

Several of you have recently mentioned new or updated web pages. (Possibly motivated by the great article in the PTG Journal a few months ago.?)

I recently signed up for a $100 a month (cancel at any time) package that included a simple web page. (I already have one I did myself, though kind of long, but many customers say they like it.)

The package includes a listing under "sponsored ads" at the top of the Google and Bing search engines.

I'm not very satisfied with the web page ( http://localgads.com/afinetune/ ) though they have updated it a couple of times to make it better. It still needs work.

I have had some top of page sponsored ad links on Google and Bing when I tried out the search terms, but have gotten no calls from it as a result.

Questions:
1. Have you used paid internet advertising? If so -
2. What have you used and how has it worked?
3. Was it worth it? (Cost vs. revenue produced)

Thanks,
Wally

A FINE TUNE - Piano Tuning & Repairs
Wallace T. Scherer, piano technician, music educator
5020 Canal Drive, Lake Worth, Florida, 33463-8014
Telephone: 561-432-4121
Web page: http://aftune.angelfire.com