[pianotech] string breakage, distressed underlevers

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Tue Nov 9 09:50:16 MST 2010

Hi Paul,

They break at the Agraff, V-bar, bridge pins and hitch pins

I've seen plenty of strings break at those first three locations (usually hard playing aggravated by a heavy foot on the "gas" pedal), but I've only seen one in all these years break at the hitch pin.  How many hitch pin breaks did you have on this church's piano?

Thanks,

Alan Eder