[pianotech] missing 3 1/4 inch plunger lock

Douglas Gregg classicpianodoc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 17:48:09 MST 2010

I have an unusual problem. I have a piano missing a lot of hardware
parts. It is a black 1922 August Forster 5' 3" grand that was rebuilt
and  repainted and was never put back together. It looks like the
piano was retrieved from a shop just after the painting. All the
hardware is off.  The box of hardware with it is for a different
piano. Most of the stuff I can find, but I can't find the plunger
lock. It has a big empty hole I would like to fill. The lock plate is
3 and 1/4 inches long and 11/16 wide with full rounded ends. Does
anyone have one in their spare parts. If I can't find one, I will have
to make a blank plate for the hole.

Douglas Gregg
Classic Piano Doc
Southold, NY 11971