[pianotech] Story&Clark Bass String problem

Randy piano2nr at aol.com
Tue Nov 9 20:23:52 MST 2010

Hi Paul,
In cases where the coils overlap, I loosen the coil enough so that with a string hook and a small blade screwdriver I work the coils over each other and stack the coil from the becket hole out towards the top of the pin.  I don't have to completely unwind the coil.  Usually about 1 full turn counterclockwise is enough tugging the lower coil over its neighbors as it unwinds.

Randy Mangus,RPT