[pianotech] Fwd: green piano with bass bridge problem

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 10 13:50:32 MST 2010

Ah, another sob story. This splendid Betsy Lynn spinet made by the "Grand" Piano Co, was donated to a church. maybe it's the St. Patrick's Day model. As usual, it has a problem--this time the bass bridge. Now I know these pianos are crud, but the music director was excited to have another piano around so two-piano music can be performed. (ahem--whew) So, I want to make this playable (I use the term loosely) for the least amount of money. The bridge is pretty bad--I figure I can use epoxy--any other options? I thought about the quick & dirty drill rod repair that I saw Ralph Stilwell demonstrate eons ago, but because it was eons ago, I can't quite remember the details. Anyone?

Thanks,

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois