[pianotech] green piano with bass bridge problem

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Nov 11 05:31:54 MST 2010

HI Ron

Closet CA user here for bridge repairs. Since you came out of the closet I'm
brave enough to own up to it.

For a better piano, epoxy by Terry Farrell's protocol is certainly the way
to go. But for that POS? Push pins in place, squirt thin CA, follow iwth
thick, hit with accelerator, and yer done. I probably wouldn't even pull the
strings first. Just lower tension 1/4 turn first when tuning and they'll
break free of bridge (you'll hear it).

Pins won't buzz, it'll stop their migration, and that's about all you need
for a customer so budget conscious that they are trying to make a piano out
of this piece of crap.

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802

  _____