[pianotech] green piano with bass bridge problem

Scott Gray pelican2 at gmx.com
Thu Nov 11 07:29:12 MST 2010

Hi Ron and Folks,

How did you discover that the thin would pull the Thick CA in deeper?
Does this work with regular thin and thick CA's like Dryburgh's brands?

Description from amainhobbies.com:

This is a one ounce bottle of Bob Smith Industries IC-2000^(TM)
Rubber-Toughened CA Glue. IC-2000^(TM) is a rubber-toughened
cyanoacrylate that forms superior shock resistant bonds on non-porous
surfaces. The black colored CA has added flexibility for the bonding of
metals, fiberglass, rubber, carbon-fiber and other advanced materials.
For model use, IC-2000^(TM) is ideal for the bonding of bulkheads,
formers and servo rails to the inside of fiberglass hulls and fuselages.
Setup time is 20-40 seconds, which can be accelerated with
INSTA-SET^(TM). When cured, IC-2000^(TM) is pliable enough to be carved
with a hobby knife. IC-2000^(TM) is the best adhesive for R/C car tires.

I'll have to do some experimenting with this. How bad is the off gassing
as it has a rubber base?

Thanks,

Scott Gray
RSG Piano Service <http://www.sunlitedreams.com/Piano/index.html>