[pianotech] heavy damper pedal complaint

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 11 13:07:10 MST 2010

hi Susan,

Yeah, some customers are like that...

Well, at least I remembered something about removing a spring... :-)

That cloth on the pedal pivot rod in the box can make an interesting grunting noise. The damper pedal on my Steinway (1914 A) was making a terrible racket. I thought the problem was where the trap lever spring met the lever-- I thought I had fixed it, but it came back. What?! It turned out to be the cloth on the pedal pivot rod in the box. I was embarrassed for myself for being so slow to find it. At least this time I was the customer...

br