[pianotech] Tune with a set tuning fork

Conrad Hoffsommer choffsommer at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 12 09:16:44 MST 2010

You will have MANY problems and any resemblance to an ETD tuning will be completely accidental.
Things to ponder:

1. How accurate are ALL 13 forks?
2. How accurately can you set all 13 notes to those forks?  The margin of error for each will magnify the deviation from the "ideal".
3. How long do you plan on taking to tune the octave?

Yes, I have an octave set.  The only reason I use any of those forks is when getting bored doing "bulk tunings" I'll randomly draw one from the set and start my temperament from there.

YMMV

Conrad Hoffsommer