[pianotech] Tune with a set tuning fork

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 09:45:23 MST 2010

That will drive you INSANE. Believe me it will be MUCH easier in the long
run to learn how to tune a temperament. Its not that hard with some good
instruction and practice - anyone with healthy ears and average intelligence
can do this.

You're much better off going with cheap laptop and the shareware version of
Tunelab than using a set of forks. And it will be cheaper!

One of the funniest methods for tuning that I ever heard was a system that
was sold many years ago that consisted of a portable record player with a
record that had every pitch on it. You just simply matched the piano to the
record!

By the way, anyone seen THIS: http://www.mastertuners.com/ ?? Nice looking
website, but the claims are RIDICULOUS. This gave me a few laughs although
my eyes were aching from being rolled up in my head for so long!!

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter