[pianotech] Imagine

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Fri Nov 12 12:20:43 MST 2010

>>In the long run, it's just not worth it on my part to get involved.

That's fine. That's a good reason. Just please don't make any moral
judgments on the rest of us who are still keeping pianos going for folks,
making them happy and putting bread on my table.

I do condemn pianos. I did one just last week. The elderly lady bought a
little wurly spinet, 40's era or so, paid $100 for it, paid $200 to have it
moved, then paid me $60 to tell her it wasn't worth saving- loose pins,
loose/split bridges, yellow cracked curling keys, nasty rodent infestation.

But a simple split bass bridge is easily repaired with some glue in less
than an hour. If you don't want the work, God bless you. I do. And my
customers are very happy as they trust I'm going to keep their pianos going
in a way that will give them the most bang for their buck.

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802

  _____