[pianotech] Imagine

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Fri Nov 12 09:55:36 MST 2010

On 11/11/2010 11:19 PM, tnrwim at aol.com wrote:
> come a time when we, as technicians, say "enough is enough".

Oh, yes, and I've said that too. I've also said it a few more times as I
got older. The threshold definitely changes, and a few of the wrecks I
worked on before were sinkholes for time and energy, giving not much
back in return.

I think what I'm saying is that different people set this limit at
different places. Some of my most fun and rewarding work (not money --
some money but not a lot) has come doing work other tuners felt too
"professional" to touch. Taken to an extreme, it seems unprofessional to
me to turn down work which we could perfectly well do, without even much
fuss, because it was "beneath" us to dirty our hands with it. Others'
mileage may vary. To each his own.

Susan Kline