[pianotech] No jack position adjustment on older Steinway A.

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 20:13:36 MST 2010

In this action there are a number of things conspiring to give the pianist a
feeling of heavy touch: hammers that are somewhat soft, excessive key
friction, jacks too far under the knuckles, to name a few. The actual dw and
uw numbers aren't too bad.

Thanks for the lead - I'll see if I can find Ed's post.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter