[pianotech] ringing dampers

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 14:30:28 MST 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 3:56 AM, Gregor _ <karlkaputt at hotmail.com> wrote:

Maybe only one damper is the culprit. Try to find it by dampening succesive
> all the bass strings by hand.

This is what I'm thinking as well. 1 or 2 of the lowest bass dampers isn't
damping well, allowing sympathetic vibrations to occur. Perhaps one of the
damper levers was bumped out of place during removal and/or work.

Of course, it's hard to say without actually being there to look at it.
Tried fluffing and/or replacing an offending damper felt?  I'd be checking
other things first since there is an apparent pattern with the F#'s and
A#'s.

--
JF