[pianotech] transporting actions

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 13 14:36:31 MST 2010

Hi Everyone,
My question is this. Will a spinet or upright action or a grand action fit in the trunk of a VW Jetta?  Our 95 Jeep Cherokee sport is pretty much a done deal.  It only had 165K miles on it.  Our mechanic friend was taking in to replace the radiator and a break line broke. Fortunately he was at a light and could get into a shopping center parking lot.  The break line was rusted out.  More than likely we'll have to replace all of them plus the towing and the rradiator which was the original repair  I guess when it rains it pours.  Funny thing is, it's sunny here today.

Someone where he works might have a Jetta for sale very cheap which is good.  So what are your thoughs?  I looked on craigslist to see some pictures of a Jetta, but that doesn't tell me much about how the trunk space is configured.  Also will it hurt to lay an action down on its dampers?  Thanks
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com