[pianotech] Re, epoxy problems

Douglas Gregg classicpianodoc at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 21:02:32 MST 2010

The post on Amazon is correct. It is similar to PVA glue in appearance
but is not as rubbery when it sets. It is more like white glue. I have
used it for ivories and it works. It does have a water base so the
ivories have to be clamped until it sets or the ivory may curl. There
isn't much it won't glue. There is a great brochure with the pint
sized plastic dispenser bottle and larger sizes that give all kinds of
unusual applications. See their web site for these applications.
http://www.weldbond.com/application_uses

They don't recommend it for vinyl, cast iron, or cast alluminum.
Welder is best for vinyl. Marine tex or JB Weld for cast iron or aluminum.

I had not considered an article on adhesives but I will think about
it. Failures too. There have been a few of those.

Douglas Gregg
Classic Piano Doc
Southold, NY 11971