[pianotech] Piano wax anyone?

toddpianoworks at att.net toddpianoworks at att.net
Mon Nov 15 07:35:14 MST 2010

Hey everyone,

I've got a client who's spilled candle wax on their keys and didn't notice it before it hardened.

I'll be going over later, but I wanted to see if anyone has had a similiar scenario.

I was going to lightly run a lighter over to melt the wax on the tops of the keys. Then remove those keys and take a sharp chisel to the keysticks/frame/bed and just replace the punchings.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!
Matthew