[pianotech] "jiffy leads"

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Mon Nov 15 12:16:57 MST 2010

I still do a lot of shooting and instructing at ranges.  I only go to ranges that are well ventilated and I get my lead levels checked periodically.

To add to what Bill said, make sure you wash your hands with COLD water the first time.  Using warm water opens the pores and allows the lead to be absorbed more easily.  Using COLD water first, prevents the pores from opening and keeps a majority of the lead out of your body.  Then you can follow up with warm water if you like.

Also, when working with lead, don't touch your hands to your face (eyes, nose, mouth) until you've washed your hands.  Those are the easiest points to absorb lead into your body.

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com