[pianotech] Piano wax anyone?

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 01:07:28 MST 2010

At 12:44 -0600 15/11/2010, Dave algiers_piano at bellsouth.net wrote:

>Mineral spirits will clean up the residue.

Yes, although candle wax is usually "paraffin wax" and kerosene in
England is called paraffin, the normal solvent used is white spirit
(mineral spirit) or turps sustitute.  I've never tried kerosene but I
doubt if it's as good.

The important thing would be not to use the rag too wet, to avoid the
solution seeping down between the windings.  That might kill the
sound.

JD