[pianotech] Noisey pedal bracket

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 16 07:35:18 MST 2010

It was a long time ago--1984 or so.

br
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dean May" <deanmay at pianorebuilders.com>
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:26:07 AM
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Noisey pedal bracket

YC used some really crap metal in those trapwork screws. The ones on the braces were particularly problematic as they get removed every time the piano is moved. When I sold YCs I always replaced those screws when intially setting up the piano with the nearest US size I could find, No 8s I think.

So forget about using factory screws there.

It's odd that in all the YCs I sold and service I've never encountered the problem you describe. The squeaks I found came from the brass to leather contact and from the pedal pivots. The latter responded well to Teflon powder.

Dean

Dean W May (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802