[pianotech] My Heller bass communication

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 09:40:39 MST 2010

At 21:50 -0500 15/11/2010, Dale Erwin wrote:

>Since this tweaked some interest I Thought I'd share this
>communication from Gregor Heller.
>  I don't think he would mind

Wanna bet?

>Hello Dale!
>
>We do not use computer program ... we instead use the TF65 slide
>rule for scaling...

Hey, I'm about to make a set of strings for an Erard at Buckingham
Palace.  They were delivered by a footman in a brougham with strict
instructions that I do the calcs using an abacus and wear a top-hat
and kid gloves while I'm at the machine.  Thank goodness Erard had
steam power like mine when that piano was made, otherwise I'd have to
pay a lad to come and turn the wheel.

JD